- Street: Kruger National Park, P O Box 196
- City: Skukuza, 1350,
- Servicing Area: Mpumulanga
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Services: Accomodation
- Listed: March 14, 2014 12:42 pm
“Named after Colonel Stephenson Hamilton, who was instrumental in establishing the world famous Kruger National Park, Hamiltons Tented Camp reflects a safari adventure of the early 1900s, where grace and style were the epitome luxurious living. Following the fine tradition of luxury in true “out of Africa” style, the journey into a bygone era inspires one to experience safari. Hamiltons Tented Camp allows indulgence in pure luxury, combined with the sounds and smells of the African bush.”
Why choose Hamiltons Tented Camp?
- Luxury personified
- Uncompromising elegance and service
- Intimate, private and secluded setting
- Views of the Nwatswitsonto river
- Superb game viewing
- Butler Service
- Daily scheduled flights with Federal Air and Bataleur into the Manyeleti airstrip (12km)
- Land Lines are available at Imbali to stay in touch with your loved ones back home or to tell them about your wonderful Safari
- No Cell Phone Reception – Our properties are very remote and unfortunately we have no Cell Phone reception. Should you be in urgent need to make a call, our guides know which Termite Mounds to stand on.
- Swimming Pool – Cool down with a refreshing dip in our pool while enjoying the view over the Savannah.
- The water is safe to drink, however bottled water is also provided in all rooms courtesy of the lodge
- Transfers can be arranged from Eastgate Airport in Hoedspruit or KMIA Airport – Nelspruit
- Welcome drinks upon arrival
“Two daily safari/game drives are conducted in open 4×4 safari viewing vehicles with experienced and informative Rangers. Hamiltons is situated within the Kruger National Park which boasts one of the most diverse game viewing experiences in South Africa and is home to an estimated 1,500 lions, 12,000 elephants, 2,500 buffalos, 1,000 leopards and 5000 rhinos (black and white)”
“Lions are scattered throughout the Park, most commonly found in the grasslands, where their favourite prey of Zebra and Wildebeest are found. The “Mluwati Pride” is frequent visitors to the Ngwenyeni Dam and the immediate area around the lodge.”
Kruger is truly the flagship of South African National Parks and it boasts of an impressive number of species:-
- 114 reptiles
- 147 mammals
- 336 trees
- 34 amphibians
- 49 fish
- 507 birds
- Big five
Day and Night open 4 x 4 Safaris
- All our Safaris are conducted in open Land Cruisers to give you that sense of freedom but yet with safety in mind. All guided Safaris are led by qualified field guides to help you understand the smaller intricacies of the bush. Game viewing is not just about the big and scary animals out there.
Winter Safari Times: May – Aug
|05h30||Wake up time and morning tea|
|06h00||Morning safari departs|
|09h00||Return for breakfast|
|16h00||Afternoon safari departs|
|19h30||Return from safari & Dinner is served|
Summer Safari Times: Sep – Apr
|05h00||Wake up time and morning tea|
|05h30||Morning safari departs|
|08h30||Return for breakfast|
|16h30||Afternoon safari departs|
|19h30||Return from safari & Dinner is served|
Guided Bush Walks
Join your guide on a one and a half hour walk in our Private Concession and get to know the smaller intricacies of nature. Here you will be able to smell, touch and feel the natural surroundings you have travelled so far for. Your guide will spend time teaching you more about the tracks and signs of the bush as well as about the smaller animals often overlooked in pursuit of the Big Five.
Departure time: After breakfast
Minimum Guests: 02
Maximum Guests: 06
Age restrictions: Below 16 years not permitted
Booking procedure: Please notify your manager the previous evening during dinner or discuss with your guide during your afternoon safari.
Terms & Conditions:
Participants must wear flat soled closed shoes. (No high heels, flops or sandals) Neutral coloured clothing to be worn. No strong perfume/cologne to be worn. Persons older than 65 years to provide a letter from their physician that they are medically fit enough to partake in this activity. Persons also needs to be fully conversant in the English language to understand instructions in dangerous situations.
- Our guides are more than happy to share their unrivalled knowledge of our feathered friends with our guests. There is so much to learn about birds on our Concession. From the fierce Marshall Eagle to the smallest and most delicate Blue Waxbill.
- Enjoy the wonders of Kruger from the comfort of your personal vehicle or rental car. Stop off at one of the many picnic sites for an Ice Cream or an ice cold Drink during summer time.
Join us for a lovely dinner under the African Skies, in an unfenced area of our Private Concession in the Kruger National Park. This is a privilege that is reserved for our guests only. Nowhere else in Kruger will you be able to dine with the Big Five.
Morning Safari departs at 06h00,wake up call at 05h30
Breakfast is served from 09h00 and lunch 13h30 – 14h30
High Tea at 15h30 and the afternoon safari departs at 16h00
Dinner is served from 19h30
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Admin
- Member Since: June 7, 2011
Other items listed by Admin
- Zebra Country Lodges
- Fairview All-Suite Hotel
- Mont-Aux-Sources Hotel
- Dave Usendorff MC Keynote Speaker for Hire
- House of Pharaohs Boutique Guest House & Conference Centre