- City: 1 Marine Way, Plettenberg Bay
- Servicing Area: Western Cape
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Additional Services: Conference, Accomodation
- Listed: September 1, 2013 9:11 am
Nestled on a hill above Plettenberg Bay, Whalesong Hotel & Hydro offers breathtaking views of the Keurbooms Coastline and Tsitsikamma Mountain Range. Everything, from décor to facilities, has been chosen with comfort and pleasure in mind.
Congratulations to Whalesong Hotel & Hydro who has been awarded Four Stars by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA). TGCSA said: “We congratulate you and your team on this achievement and we acknowledge your efforts to contribute to the sustainability of the Tourism Industry in South Africa through your commitment to quality assurance.” Visit Whalesong Hotel & Hydro in Plettenberg Bay now and experience it for yourself!
Plettenberg Bay was named after Governor Joachim von Plettenberg, who incorporated the bay under the administrative sovereignty of the Dutch-East India Trading Company in 1778. The Company used the place primarily as a shipping port for the hardwood timber that grew everywhere.
Later on there was a whaling station built here, which was active until 1920.
Long before Van Riebeeck landed at the Cape, Portuguese explorers like Bartholomew Dias in 1487 charted the bay, followed 90 years later by Manuel da Perestrello, who aptly called it Bahia Formosa or the Bay Beautiful. The first white inhabitants were the 100 men stranded here for 9 months when the San Gonzales sank in 1630. In 1763 the first white settlers in the Bay were stock farmers, hunters and frontiersmen from the Western Cape.
The air conditioned conference room at WhaleSong Hotel & Hydro is equipped with state of the art equipment to ensure a successful conference, meeting or team building exercise. This spacious conference room overlooks the beautiful Butterfly World creating a relaxed atmosphere.
4 Star – Tourism Grading Council
Ideally situated, Whalesong Hotel & Hydro is just minutes from the pristine beaches, golf courses and a wide range of activities on the Garden Route, including marine encounters with Dolphins and Whales.
Facilities include swimming pool, 2 lounges and boardroom.
The Von Zoe Salon & Spa offers rejuvenating facials, laser treatments, hot stone therapy, aromatherapy massages, manicures, pedicures and a host of other specialised beauty treatments while the Greenhouse Hair Specialists invite you to relax in a tranquil setting while being pampered by qualified and experienced hairstylists
- Von Zoe Salon & Spa
- Greenhouse Hair Specialists
- Lounge & Bar
- Swimming Pool & Sun Terrace
- Golf Courses and Swimming Beaches in close proximity
- Day Excursions along the Garden Route
- Visit the surrounding areas of Knysna, Tsitsikama and George
- Play golf on one of the golf courses situated within 500m of the hotel
- Experience Whale and Dolphin watching, water sports and sundower cruises
- Discover the forest in a unique way – horse riding, mountain bike trails and forest walking trails
- Adventure activities like bungi jumping, diving and sea kayaking
Whalesong Hotel and Hydro is part of Legend Lodges Hotels and Resorts
Click here to book this conference venue or accommodation for your next conference, corporate function, year end event, awards ceremony, or private event.
You must be logged in to inquire about this ad.